What to say when making a presentation¼
- Has anyone in here every thrown someone’s cigarettes away to get them to quit smoking?
- Did it work – what happened?
- To give you a small idea of what that would be like¼.
- How many of you in here went trick or treating or went in past years?
- If you came home with all of your candy and your parents said to you, “You know all of that candy isn’t good for you and threw it away, how would you react?
- This gives you just a small idea of why it doesn’t work when you throw cigarettes away.
We are going to share some ideas on ways to help someone you care about quit
– ASK the smoker to quit. Tell them you know that smoking is very addictive. In fact just even one to two cigarettes can addict you.
– Put a picture of yourself or someone they care about, it could even be their pet in the inside of their cigarette pack. You can also put the quit line card on the other side. (put a picture and/or the quitline card in a pack of cigarettes to illustrate)
_ Write a letter/Draw a picture to them and stick it under their pillow or wherever you think they may find it
_ Share the stuff we are teaching you today and share it with family members that smoke. Also we will be giving you lots of more information in a bag at the end of our presentation.
– Most of all don’t give up! It takes a person about 9-11 times to be successful, and 90% of parents/grandparents quit because of you! YOU HAVE THE POWER!
To Bring This Back To You
You Never Have To Quit – If You Never Start