What to say when making a presentation…
- Review what tar is: It is the stuff that you find on blacktop to seal the cracks – it sticks to your shoes when it’s hot. It is also used on roofs, when attaching shingles. Make the point that it is very sticky.
- This EXACT SAME THING is found in cigarettes and marijuana!!
- The tar jar is how much tar gets into a person’s body if they smoke:
½ pack of cigarettes everyday for One Year
- One joint has as much tar as a pack of cigarettes
So if a person smoked one joint a day for a year, they would put two of these tar jars in their body
- Tar carries all of the ingredients in tobacco smoke – including the ones that cause cancer.
- Tar mixes with the water in a persons’ body. Blood is 90% water. The tar mixes into this blood and travels throughout a human’s entire body. This is how people can get cancer anywhere in their body from smoking. (It mixes with the water in a person’s body like Kool-Aid mix dissolves and mixes with water in a pitcher.)
- Think about this:
Someone who has smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for 20 years has 40 jars of this in their body!
Someone who has smoked marijuana daily for 20 years has put 80 jars of this in their body!